By mail: Donald C. Liu SLAP’D Foundation
Chicago, Illinois 60637
By Email: email@example.com
5. Parental Guidance is Required For Minors. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Therefore, children under the age of 18 (“Minors”) are not eligible to use this Site or any other services offered or listed on the Site without the direct supervision of a parent, guardian or as permitted under Title XIII of the United State Code – Children’s Online Privacy Protection Section 1303, (Regulation of Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices in connection with the collection and use of personal information from and about children on the internet). In addition, we ask that Minors do not submit any personal information on Site. Parents or guardians which supervise a Minor while using this Site assumes full responsibility for the interpretation and use of any information obtained from the Site or information submitted to the Site on behalf of or by the Minor. If you are under 13 years old you may not register for this Site.
b. Web Beacons. We also may use a Web Beacon to collect non-personal information about our users. A Web Beacon (also known as a pixel tag or a clear GIF) is used in combination with Cookies, and is often used as a transparent graphic image that is placed on a website or in an e-mail that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending an e-mail. When the HTML code for the Web beacon points to a website to retrieve the image, at the same time it can pass along information such as the IP address of the computer that retrieved the image, the time the Web beacon was viewed and for how long, the type of browser that retrieved the image and previously set Cookie values.
i. Web beacons are typically used by a third-party to monitor the activity of a website. A Web Beacon can be detected by viewing the source code of a Web page and looking for any IMG tags that load from a different server than the rest of the site. Turning off the browser’s Cookies will prevent Web beacons from tracking the user’s activity. The Web beacon will still account for an anonymous visit, but the user’s unique information will not be record code, your usage patterns, name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and other similar information collected on the website, unless it is unauthorized by law.
ii. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using our site (“traffic”) and how many of our users are using or visiting the websites of our advertisers and sponsors. Web Beacons also helps us monitor how many people open our emails.
d. Third Party Ad Serving. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
7. Personal Information Collected From Registered Users of Site. While you may be able to access some parts of our Site without providing any personal information, in order to participate in all the features of the Site, we may need to collect some of your personal information. We collect personal information such as username, birthdate, e-mail address, user profile picture, or you may upload a profile photo, when you register with the Site. When registering for the Site, we recommend that you do not include any personal information, such as your name or your birthdate, in your username or in your password. We use this personal information that you provided upon registration to send you emails, enhance our services, fulfill your requests for products or information, and to personalize your experience while using Site.
a. E-mail Announcements or Newsletters. Site may from time to time use e-mail to send announcements regarding new products, services, and/or promotions, and informational newsletters, either directly related to the Site or from a third party that may be of interest to the Site user. Announcements via email are on an opt-in basis only. By registering or posting material on any of our interactive areas or the Site, you are opting in to receiving these e-mail announcements. In addition, if you wish to opt-out of receiving certain types of communications from SLAP’D, you can change your preferences in your profile settings here.
b. Public Forums and Message Boards. Site offers as a service to users, public forums, message boards, chat rooms and other public forums where users can share information and request or give advice from the public or from expert users. Site wants its users to know that any personal information shared in our interactive areas, such as the forum, chat room, or message board, is by design open to the public and is not a private or secure. Therefore users should carefully consider whether to disclosure their personally identifiable information in any public forum. Users are to note that as with any public forum on the internet, information posted by users on Site may also appear in third-party search engines like Google, Bing, Mozilla, Yahoo, MSN etc. Options for making some or all of the information posted on the site private are available. Additionally, voluntarily publicizing such information increases your chances of receiving unwanted communications, like spam. Never post your full postal address, social security number, birthdate or such information for your safety, we will never ask for this information.
c. Changing your Personal Information. In accordance with the Fair Information Practices defined by the U.S. government, Site encourages users to correct any inaccuracies in personal information that has been previously provided to Site. Users may correct or update their personal information on their own or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
9. Offer Products or Services. We may from time to time approach you regarding products, services, and other information, or offers, which we feel, based on your Personal Information, may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such information, you can contact us in the manner provided above.
10. Required Disclosure of your Personal Information. We may only release personally identifiable or personal information to third parties: (1) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (2) in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property or defend or assert legal rights. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your personally information to a third party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
11. Credit Cards. Currently, Site does not accept or use credit card processing; however, we may use such services in the future. We may also provide links to third party sites where you can access additional content or complete purchases or donations, such as Amazon and PayPal. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices at these third party websites or their use of your information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies for these third party websites.
12. Polls, Surveys or Contests. From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests, polls or surveys on our Site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys, polls or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). We use this information to notify contest winners and award prizes, to monitor Site traffic, and to improve or personalize the Site as appropriate. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a contest, poll or survey with other third parties.
13. Interactive Services. Site shall not be liable for information posted in interactive areas. Site may provide interactive areas to enhance the user experience and to build a healthy community around our Site or its products and services. Each user acknowledges that should he or she participate in such interactive areas, the information you voluntarily post about yourself and third parties in such areas might be accessed, collected and used by third parties outside of our Site, and may also be distributed to others for the purposes of advertising or other related purposes.
a. In addition, you may not post any defamatory, obscene, pornographic, slanderous, or otherwise illegal material, or any material, which infringes any third-party copyrights or other intellectual property rights on any areas of our Site. Violators will be subject to termination of use and possible legal action, and hereby consent to hold the Site harmless. Although the Site employs security technology, it cannot guarantee complete security in user’s private information. As a result, Site will not be held liable for any users or other visitor’s disclosure of personal information on the Site or any other website which Site operates.
14. Security. Our Site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. User information is stored on servers protected by firewall, system-level, and database-level security.
a. Only those employees or service providers of Site who require access to data concerning users are granted access to the data (e.g., marketing product managers, system administrators, customer service representatives, and engineering personnel). Access to user data by employees is further limited by being solely available through a dedicated administrative interface and through use of a restricted user ID and password. In addition, every employee of Site is required to sign Site’s standard Nondisclosure Agreement, which requires employees to keep user data confidential. Site’s internal Site security policies are reviewed and revised on a regular basis.
15. Feedback. Users may provide feedback (e.g., input and suggestions) to Site regarding the Site. Users providing feedback must provide their name and e-mail address. Any contact information entered when providing feedback will only be used to acknowledge or respond to that feedback. Users are encouraged to provide their input and suggestions by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
17. Business Transfers. In the event that Site transfer any part or all of its ownership through any means including without limitation, by merger or acquisition or by distribution of some or all of its assets, user personally identifiable information shall also be subject to the transfer.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find the Site helpful and convenient to use! Questions or comments regarding this Site, including any reports of non-functioning links, should be submitted using Site’s contact form or via U.S. mail to:
Donald C. Liu SLAP’D Foundation
Chicago, Illinois 60637
Last Updated 1/1/19
Copyright 2013-2019 SLAPD.COM. All rights reserved.